Introduction of a Very, Very, Tired History Major

 

Personal Image.
I decided to use this image because I feel like, if there's anything that can put my personality into perspective, it's going to be my terrible Snapchat story photos.

Anyway, my names Jaicee, I'm 20 years old and I'm an excruciatingly tired History major that minors in African American studies that is attempting to get into law school. I graduate this semester, so I'm even more tired. I decided on history for my major because it's flexible and can work in lots of fields, and I love learning random facts just so I can regurgitate them later out of the blue. It's like a party trick, really.

At the risk of sounding like a weird, 12 year old boy, some of my current favorite tv shows are Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, and My Hero Academia. The only movies I watch are horror, so you can expect me to watch Halloween, Friday the 13th, and the Predator movies far too many times for my own good. My music taste ranges from pop to heavy metal music in German; my three semesters of German come in clutch for this, even if I still suffered taking them.

This summer I finally decided to get a tattoo, and it's a big piece on my thigh of Guts from Berserk that absolutely hurt to get. It's not finished, but I finish the rest of the shading for it in a month, and I absolutely know it's going to hurt again. Other then that, I slept this whole summer and worked, or watched my family's mini-farm whenever they went out of town.

Finally, my family owns far too many animals. We have 2 horses (I call them Menace One and Two), 1 alpaca (Bug), 1 pig (Wilbert), 1 duck (Aflac), 4 cats (Twister, Mama Jama, Lecher, Lucille), 3 dogs (Charlie, Billy Jean, Marley), 1 fish (Big Papa), and there's typically 10 chickens whenever they decide not to get eaten. I don't have many pictures of them on hand, but here's a few:

Menace One, known as Lecher. He's a Bengal cat. Ignore my dusty legs. Personal photo.

Menace Two, known as Billy Jean. Personal photo.

Menace Three, known as Lucille or Lucifer. Personal photo.

Comments

  1. Oh, this Snapchat story photo is BRILLIANT, Jaicee! I'm just an old-school person with my Twitter, ha ha, but I have so much fun seeing what people do with Snapchat or Instagram or TikTok etc. etc. And I am so glad to have an African American Studies major in class: fantastic! I am working on a book of Anansi stories right now (literally right now: I finished the last writing yesterday so now I can start editing!); I thought I would do Anansi stories from Africa and from the Caribbean, but I found over 250 stories about Anansi just from Caribbean sources link... so now I will have to write a follow-up book with African Anansi, and I'm glad to have an excuse to do that (I am trickster-story-obsessed).
    As for random facts and regurgitating them out of the blue, you have come to the right place! Mythology and folklore is all about random facts... in story form. :-)
    Since you are into horror and German, werewolves might be in your future. Or if you're interested in Caribbean horror, there are JUMBIES link (about whom I have learned this summer thanks to Anansi).
    And yay for all your animals! Your Bengal boy is lovely as are the other menaces. Maybe they can star in their own stories this semester! Pets make great characters to include in stories... and you have the whole mini-farm to choose from. And, of course, the animals are good at reminding us tired humans to just take a nap already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaicee!
    I am very impressed with your page. I can tell by how you write and the pictures you post that you are a very energetic person. I have a couple friends that are history majors and they also want to go to law school. I respect you for that because I could not be a history major. Way too much reading and writing for me haha. I love the pictures you used in your intro and I already know your storybook is gonna be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaicee!
    Your preference in TV shows could also make you sound like an incredible 11 year old. I actually don't know if that helps but since I am old I have a kid. I think that kid is pretty awesome and I know they are super big into anime right now! Also, I am jealous of all your animals and wish my family did not live in the middle of town. I'd love to have a few chickens of my own and a goat. Nice to meet you in blogland!
    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaicee!!
    First of all I am so jealous your family has a mini farm! I love animals but have lived in the city my whole life so we have just had lots of dog which is awesome too. I recently adopted a puppy and am already the crazy obsessed dog mom. Congrats on getting ready to graduate and good luck with your endeavors in law school. I’m still not completely sure what I’m planning on doing next year after graduating but I’ve contemplated going to law school and even recently took the lsat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jaicee! Your picture made me smile. I'm also a huge fan of My Hero Academia. Who's your favorite character? I'm a Todoroki supporter myself. I've always wanted to watch Berserk since it's a classic but I heard it's a brutal watch. What's your opinion on it? Also, alpacas? I'm so jealous! Those are my favorite animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harana, I'm a clown so I automatically have to support Dabi and Hawks, but I also love Aizawa too much for my own good. Also, Berserk is definitely a good read and watch, but it can be triggering with some of its content. So, if you got a tough stomach I definitely suggest it!

      Delete
  6. Hi Jaicee,

    First off, this Lucifer name is so funny! My old roommate and I were convinced that our house was haunted, so we named the ghost Lucy (short for Lucifer). A cat named Lucifer makes me think of Cinderella! I am also graduating this semester and I am also SO TIRED. Congrats to you! I know how you feel! I am an English lit major and I've always played with the idea of doing history as well because I find it really interesting, but I have a sort of terrible memory and can't keep all of the dates, years, facts, etc. straight, which it seems is your superpower! I'm jealous of your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaicee! As one of the comments said earlier, that snapchat picture is legendary. I love that you have a sense of humor and it shows through in your work. I, also, am a huge fan of blurting out fun facts that I learn along the way. It throws a lot of people off but sometimes (more often than not) it starts an interesting conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jaicee! Big big fan of the snap haha! I fully support making blogs casual again, I think this class is probably one of the most informal classes I have this semester this is refreshing. Also I remember when Naruto ended for good in like 2015 or something and I told myself I would keep up with their sequel show about his son but I never did. But now it's overwhelming how many episodes they've already released to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that you are also an animal lover. I have 4 dogs total, 3 family dogs and one special boy who is like my fur child. I also love the creative names, I laughed out loud when I saw that the duck was named Aflac. I am actually terrified of most birds but ducks are great and I actually love them. I got a tattoo a couple summers ago as well, it is a lobster that my mom matches with ( we share a birthday) it is a fun inside story I may go into later. I definitely want more so feel free to chat with me about it. Nice meeting you and I can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Jaicee!
    Congrats on being so close to graduating! I hope that all of your future law school endeavors go well. I took German classes, too, because one of my majors is German, and those first three were a bit tough, haha. I think it's great that you're able to use what you learned when listening to music, though! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jaicee!
    I really love the pictures of your animals. They are so cute and I love pets so much. I can't believe you only watch horror movies. I find that very interesting, I am not a big horror movie person because I am afraid of them lol. I think thats great you got a tattoo this summer, that is much more interesting than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI, Jaicee! Congratulations on graduating. I hope all the changes we've had to go through weren't too disruptive to your plans. Is law school set in the plans for next semester or are you taking some time off? It's insane that all you watch is horror movies. I watch so many movies on a regular basis and horror is the one genre I avoid. I can't do it. I'm glad there's people like you who can so we don't lose that art form.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jaicee!
    Your Snapchat was hilarious, and I love how it immediately gave us such great insight into your personality and sense of humor! I guess pictures really do say 1000 words... especially when there are words on the picture ;) I know that college can be extremely tiring, especially when you're preparing for the next step (pre-law and pre-med seem pretty comparable to me, but I've never been pre-law, so don't quote me on that). I wish you the absolute best luck and lots of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaicee,

    I knew from the moment that I saw that Snapchat picture, that it was going to be a wild ride from introduction to conclusion. And I was right. However, I will say that you are certainly very interesting! This is also my first time meeting a History major with an African Studies minor. I also cannot believe that you are 20 and already saying that you're graduating. Is this because you're just really smart??? Also big YES to the anime list. I recently just watched My Hero over the summer, and I can't believe it took me only this long to watch the whole thing. I really think I played myself because of that. Anyways, I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jaicee!

    What a great introduction post! I really enjoyed reading it. These are my favorite things to read in this class because I love getting to know my classmates. You have a hilarious sense of humor, I was laughing many times during your post. I can't believe you are a history major, I find that so interesting. It is so fun that so many of us in this class all have completely different and a wide range of majors. I also loved the pictures you posted of your cats. They are so cute, it is always so fun seeing pictures of people's pets. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jaicee!
    You definitely have quite the menagerie of animals!
    I feel you on the music taste thing, my music library is all over the place too.
    (I also love your major choice for regurgitating random facts, with my writing I know all kinds of weird things too)

    Also figured I'd drop my responses to your questions that you asked in your comment on my introduction:
    My favorite genres are probably the action and rom-com ones! (bonus points if it's both!)
    I was watching one called Fruit of Grisaia before my semester started up, but haven't gotten the chance to finish watching it. It's been entertaining and interesting so far though, that's for sure!
    (I'll check back on this comment if you want to respond)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jaicee!

    This was such a fun and wonderful introduction post! I really enjoyed getting to learn a little bit more about you! You seem like you have a great sense of humor and are the life of the party! Also, congrats on graduating! I know this year has been a bit crazy, but I am so happy you overcame the challenges and achieved your goal. Your animal pictures were great too! Overall, it was so nice to meet you and I can't wait to read what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jaicee! You seem like such a fun person to be around! I am graduating this semester too, and I am very tired. I can totally relate, and I think for me too that this year with covid made me even more tired. I think it is really fun that you regurgitate random facts and like horror movies. I cannot watch anything scary or else I will not be able to sleep lol. I love seeing the pictures of your animals. They are so cute! It was great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jaicee - nice to meet you! You seem like you have a fun, quirky personality! Congrats on graduating this semester! I’m also graduating and I feel a little anxious, honestly. It must be entertaining living with and taking care of all those animals on the farm… I’m a little jealous. Your pets look SO cute, especially your cats, ha ha. I have a cat, too, and his name is Oliver. Have you ever thought about naming your chickens?! Best of luck to you and hope you have a great semester that’s not too exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jaicee! I liked reading your introduction because I appreciated how honest it is. I am also very tired and graduating soon and trying to get into law school - it's exhausting! I've taken a lot of history classes at OU and I really enjoy learning lots of random facts too, which is also probably why I took this class. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your pets - they were super cute! Full disclosure though, I hate horror movies. They freak me out too much. My roommates are trying to help me overcome my fear of them though and this fall I've watched at least four - which feels like WAY to many. Maybe if I watch a few more I'll start to enjoy them. Good luck with the rest of this semester. Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jaicee! This was a really neat introduction--I feel like I know a little bit more about you! So well done on that. History does seem like it would be a cool major. I have always found it pretty fascinating but generally I did not like how it was taught. That is awesome you like Naruto--that show is sick! I would recommend you try watching Hunter x Hunter. It is one of my favorite shows and definitely has Naruto vibes. Best of luck the rest of this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jaicee! I love all of the personal images you added to your Introduction post. I truly enjoyed seeing you seduce the shadow within your mom's closet and your animals! My favorite was definitely the Bengal cat if I'm being honest, they're so beautiful. I have a cat of my own and he's everything to me; therefore, I can't imagine how you must feel with all of your animals. Additionally, history seems like a very rough major to go into, especially with a minor in African studies and all the while trying to get into law school. It's no wonder you're exhausted! Good luck to you in the future and I hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts