Savannah and its Houses: Why It's My Favorite.

 


When it comes to picking a favorite place, I definitely struggled on this because nothing ever really stood out for me. However, I decided to go with Savannah, Georgia for a place that I wouldn't mind returning to! So, I chose Savannah because of the houses and the different styles and colors that they come in. I enjoy the Renaissance and Neo-Classical architecture of the houses, but I believe that the nature, specifically the Oaks covered in Spanish moss, that surround most of the properties are what make the houses unique. Also, just the thought of sitting on one of the tiny porches and watching the day go by sounds incredibly soothing.

Comments

  1. Oh, that looks beautiful, Jaicee... and SPANISH MOSS: I know two different origin stories about that weird and beautiful plant. Here's an African American story from North Carolina:
    Where Spanish Moss Comes From
    And here's a Caddo Native American legend from Texas:
    How the North Wind Lost His Hair
    ... I'm a huge fan of these "origin" type stories for plants and animals, and given how unusual-looking Spanish Moss is, no surprise that people tell stories about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts