Comment Wall for Love Island Gone Wrong.
Thank you for the feedback!
LOVE ISLAND GONE WRONG.
Amore e Psiche (1707-09) by Giuseppe Crespi: Psyche's use of the lamp to see the god is sometimes thought to reflect the magical practice of lychnomancy, a form of divination or spirit conjuring.


I absolutely loved the format of your page and how the story was set up! I saw in the author's note that you're planning on adding more than one option in future stories and I think that will be really fun for the readers. Kind of like that one time Netflix had a show where you could make your own choices to get a different ending? That was a weird time - I don't even remember the show but it was a big thing for a minute. I don't know how storybooks and portfolios are different in whether they have intros or not, but the only thing I was confused on was how it relates to love island. It's not super important since the story is great on its own, but since love island is implied in the title, I think it would be helpful to have something in the author's note or intro that makes the connection, especially for people who don't know or haven't seen love island. Other than that, I thought it was great, and I'm excited to read your other stories and see how the multi-option idea pans out!
ReplyDeleteHey Jaicee! Wow, first off..... your website is incredible. It looks like it's professionally done and the dark colors just drew me in and got me excited to read your stories. Especially with the 'Love can be death.' title on the introduction, that was very striking and made me think I was getting myself into a love-hate murder mystery of some sort. Not only was your website format amazing, but also was the formatting of your stories! I loved how in Psyche & Cupid I got to click the button to continue the story- it felt very interactive. As for the story itself, I thought you did a great job. I was a bit confused why a prayer and sacrifice would lead Psyche to have a monstrous marriage, so if you are looking for space to elaborate that could be a spot where you could add more detail. Other than that, I loved your use of adjectives and use of detail to really enhance the plotline. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee! First off, I thought the title of your storybook was awesome! I immediately thought of the hit TV Love Island and was very intrigued (I wasn’t sure if that was on purpose or not!) wondering what kind of storybook this would be! Also, I absolutely love the format of your storybook! I'm going to be using twine for my storybook as well and I'm super excited because I think it really helps keep the reader’s attention! Most of all it makes the reader feel like they're really involved in the story because they can choose what's next! I really enjoyed your version of Psyche and Cupid. I like that you have Psyche trust her husband rather than listen to horrible sisters. I think Psyche will be happier that way, instead of breaking her husband’s trust and losing him. I really liked the story of Ariadne and Dionysus because I got to choose what happened next. It was super cool! Great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee! I love the title, love Love Island so it got me really interested in your storybook! At first I was confused that your stories were really short, but wow, I love how interactive your storybook is that you click for the next part of the story. I see the arrows now as well. This was the first storybook I have seen in this format, and I love it. I love how they are little cliff hangers at the end of each section of the story. This is so fun. I really like that in your author's note that you chose for Psyche to not betray her husband. I get so sad with unhappy endings, so I really appreciate how you made this story more light than the original. I enjoyed Ariadne and Dionysus as well especially how you could pick how the story progresses. I am completely unaware of this story, so I really appreciated the synopsis inside your author's note. Overall, amazing job. Amazing concept. i really can't wait to read what else you write!
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee, oh my gosh, your storybook is amazing! The graphics, the set up, the click your way through option, all of it is fantastic! My favorite part is that you chose for Psyche not to betray Cupid, which is how I would've wanted it too. I know she's supposed to because of where it leads her and the ending is still happy, but I always felt like she wouldn't have caved either. If you hadn't ended it there I wonder if it would've ended up being it's own storybook to cover just the one story. Your title with the story ending is the only thing that I was a little confused about, I assumed that the ending would be the original because things are supposed to be going wrong on the island. Is that you changed the ending and that is what was wrong? Wrong felt like things should've ended poorly for the story. I'm glad they didn't though.
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee,
ReplyDeleteYour storybook is INCREDIBLE. I absolutely love the format that you chose because it explains the story but simultaneously is like you're watching the story as it happens and you choose it. I also absolutely loved the story Cupid and Psyche when I read it, and I enjoyed your take on it. I wish that Psyche wouldn't have betrayed him in the original version so I was much more happy with yours. The format of the storybook worked really well with the story because it added suspense. The only critique I have is that there is no clear introduction to the post, so some more context might be nice. I overall like the theme of love stories and I cant wait to see what else you do! Ill definitely keep up with this one, good work!
Hi Jaicee!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the the home page of your site. I think it really caught my eye. I love how there is the picture with the outlined white title. I think it really stands out. I also really liked how on the stories I had to click on the word to view the story. I really enjoyed the interactive aspect of the page so great job on that. I also liked in the psyche cupid story how you show how curious she was and also the dialogue that happens with the characters. I also really liked how in the second story you gave two options to chose from. Again, I think the interactive side made the story so much more entertaining and involved the audience so much because we felt were we included in the story, not just reading it.
Hi Jaicee! I absolutely love the look of your website! It is definitely eye-catching and works so well with your storybook theme! The name of your site is also so fun! While reading your stories, I was really intrigued with your idea of making the stories interactive! Even in the first story of Cupid and Psyche, when there are no choices to make, it makes the reading more enjoyable and interactive! I was wondering about the introduction to the storybook, as there is not really one. It would be fun to know exactly what to expect from your stories and maybe how you came up these awesome ideas! I can not wait to read the rest of your stories, particularly the one about Hades and Persephone! One thing that could be really fun would be to add a picture or two to the body of the page that is relevant to the story.
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee,
ReplyDeleteI read your first story and had to come back for more this week because I loved it so much. Of course, my first compliment is the formatting of your storybook. It's so engaging and I genuinely wanted to keep reading. I remember specifically thinking while I was reading through the story and could choose the perspective option going "hell yes I want to fight the minotaur." It was so much fun to read! I really liked how you were able to choose the different perspectives of the story. I wonder what Theseus was thinking the whole time? Why did he choose to abandon her if he agreed to marry her? Then again I only read the story from the girl's perspective so it may have been included in the other perspective. If that's the case, the only other critique i would suggest is getting deeper into character motives, such as why she wanted to marry him so bad. I will definitely come back to read next week's story, keep up the good work!
Hi Jaicee!
ReplyDeleteI loved it. This set up was original and I was so shocked when I first came across the choices. I think that this sets up the idea of a love's island very well. It shows how fate can sometimes be chosen. I think that you took the sides of the story and showed them both very well while still allowing the reader to get the full story. It was detailed enough that I was intrigued throughout the whole story but it was easy enough to follow, like not dragged down by details, that I easily read through it. I, personally, love this concept. I didn't even consider making them separate pages. Very well done! If I were to make a comment, I think that it would be beneficial to have the perspectives listed because I clicked a different option and got a little confused for a second.
Hi Jaicee!
ReplyDeleteI really was drawn into your storybook from your title! I think Love Island has gained so much popularity and I love how you put a twist and made it not a happy ending! I think you did a great job formatting your stories and that you can choose the perspective you want to read! It's fantastic and truly clever. I wonder what the other perspectives are going to be for your future stories? How did you come up with this idea? I read the girl's perspective but I would suggest maybe adding more details and even more substance to your story! I think it's because I want to read more haha! I think it would be great if you made the different perspectives more clear on your front page because that part got a bit confusing! Overall, great job! I am excited to read more!
Jaicee, you have a very interesting site here. I think your personal creative style is reflected very well by the blackness. Much of your writing seems to take interesting turns in which the traditional happy ending is abandoned. This is so cool and not seen nearly enough in literature today. Keep up the good work! I look forward ot seeing how this "choose your own adventure" plays out. The description seemed a little confusing though so you might want to check back and read over it again.
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee:)
ReplyDeletethis is my first time visiting your project and I initially got so hooked in because of your title. I'm a huge fan of Love Island and just really needed to know what your stories were about! The aesthetic is consistent across all of pages which is something i really appreciate! I wish you would've incorporated more images throughout your first story. The banner image looks really cool, maybe you could place it somewhere within your story? Also your story format is super cool and I like that it's almost like a game! I haven't seen that done yet by a student. Your writing throughout the Psyche & Cupid story is very well done, I felt like I was reading a professional story on a professional blog !! I appreciated the introductionon the Psyche & Cupid page but I wish there would've been another introduction, a first one, on that home page because I wasn't really sure what i was getting myself into. But overwell great job on your story and layout, it's definitely one of my favorites that i've seen!
Hi Jaicee,
ReplyDeleteI remember reading your idea for this project awhile back and thought it would be super cool! It has turned out to be exactly that. With the TV show gaining so much attention and a strong following I fell like many will be drawn in just by the name of your storybook. On top of that your stories are amazing. I really enjoy how you took tales about greek gods and goddesses and make them into reality tv shows. On top of these amazing stories your website looks great and is super easy to navigate. The large image on the home page is awesome and draws the reader in. Love the project and hope it continues to go well.
Hi Jaicee!
ReplyDeleteWow! After reading your story about Ariadne and Dionysus, I really wish that I had read it because it sounds awesome! Also, I love the setup of your Storybook and the option that you gave to choose your own path was truly creative. I'm sure it took some time to come up with and you did an excellent job at creating it.
I really, really love the character of Dionysus here. He's so changeable like a Sour Patch Kid or something and I find myself really enjoying that aspect of his character. I just wish that I could hate Theseus as much as I love him. If you could find a way to villainize him a little more, it would make his final comeuppance way more satisfying for everyone involved! One way that you could make his character more evil is to give him more dialogue or have him be a little meaner to Ariadne than what he already was. Either way, this was an excellent story and I really enjoyed reading it! Great work.
Hi Jackie, I enjoyed reading your story, "Aridane and Dionysus." I thought you did a great job keeping the reader (myself) and I am sure everyone else intrigued and on edge the whole time. I absolutely loved reading this story. I think you did a great job being creative and using all of your grammar correctly. I loved reading about Aridane, she is so beautiful! I think you also did a great job being clear and effective to your readers. What was your favorite part of the story? I love getting to hear about what the writer enjoys most about their story. Great job! I loved reading your story, it was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie! I loved the way you set up your stories! The way you used the links within the story of "Psyche & Cupid" felt like it was almost inviting the readers to be the character, which I think is what you were intending? I have never seen a story set up like this, and I really really enjoyed it! As for "Ariadne & Dionysus" I think you really found your vibe! The choices within the story really draw the reader in and make them think about what you've written. I'll be honest, I had to go back and re-read some sections in order to actually make the choice, but I think that's good! Your writing is good and I like the dialogue usage. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed your stories and I think you're a really good writer!
ReplyDeleteHi Jaicee! I love how you told your stories! The format itself is super engaging, but I also just really liked the edits that you made to them. In the first tale of Cupid and Psyche, I was so happy that you made them happy in the end. It always felt so unfair to me that Psyche was pitted against a spiteful goddess and spiteful sisters and expected to make it through the temptation. I appreciate that you gave her the strength of character and the trust to make it through, and then they get such a sweet and happy ending!
ReplyDeleteIn the second one of Dionysus and Ariadne, I super appreciate that you give us Ariadne's perspective and that you make it less about "love" and more about freedom. I think that it's a valid interpretation of the story AND shows that she wasn't just a foolish young girl hungry for love: she was trapped in an abusive home and looking for any way out that she could find.
Again, I loved your stories and can't wait to read more of them!
Hey Jaicee! I just skimmed through your comment wall and I think we are all on the same page that we are taken aback by your website layout! It is so fun to have your stories be physically interactive as well, adding that touch of individuality and involvement that does an excellent job of drawing the readers in. Along with this, your whole website just has a very visually pleasing aspect to it which adds to the aesthetic. And the touch of Love Island brings it all together. So fun to look at and read through! I personally really enjoyed your Cupid and Psyche story the most because I also wrote my own version of it for this class! That story in particular is such a fun read on its own, and I thought your edited version was very nicely done. I like the style of writing you chose to use, as it is pretty consistent with that of the original. All in all, great job with this site and story writing, and I hope you have fun adding to it!
ReplyDeleteHey Jaicee,
ReplyDeleteBased on the other comments here, I think we all agree that your project is pretty awesome! I loved your stories, and barring a few grammatical errors and small details they should remain the same! I absolutely loved what you did with your project! I think the way you've made your stories interactive is very helpful for overwhelmed readers and it makes it feel like I am actually reading a physical book, which I love. I am very impressed by your ability to make this project so different, I wish I was good with technology too. Great job! :)
Hi Jaicee,
ReplyDeleteThis storybook is so fun to read (although a little sad lol). I loved the dramatic colors and image on the introduction page which really drew me into the storybook and set the scene for your stories! I also thought it was so great how you had the option to continue clicking through each story. This helped to add suspense and also to keep me engaged as I read! This was a very clever idea that I wish I had thought of! Your storytelling voice was also great and again kept me interested because of its lively but poetic tone. I loved that! My only critique is that you sometimes switched between the present and past tense in the middle of your stories which made them a little confusing to read. So a quick read through and edit would solve that. Otherwise, I had a really great time reading your stories! Great job!