Topic Research.
I've decided I want to go with my second story that focuses on the love tragedies of various different couples. My overall goal with this story is to have it come out as a "choose your adventure" type, but instead the reader is able to choose a person from the couple (like, say, you pick Orpheus and do his story) and it's a retelling of their tragedy from one perspective.
So, going into this, I already knew the stories that I want to focus on because, in part, they are more popular stories and I believe that it'll be easier to get into them if people are at least aware of their existence. Thus, the stories I chose goes as follows:
- A well known tragic love story; I choose this story because it offers great potential to change how the ending goes, but would offer an awesome first person perspective. For this one, the reader will be traversing their story through Orpheus's perspective, and a lot more sadness can be offered then!
- Another tragic love story, but it has a better ending. This story would follow Psyche's perspective because I want to add more dread and heartbreak, especially because in the original telling Psyche is pregnant while she undergoes these trials, but I personally feel like they don't mention that fact a lot. So, in a way, my intent is to elaborate more on this dread she had to feel, and also focus on the cruelty of the Gods, specifically Venus.
- With these two, their story isn't necessarily tragic, but it is extremely wild how it occurs. What I want to focus on here would be from Persephone's perspective, and her initial fear of being separated from her mother, but then demonstrate how she grows through this relationship. So, of all the stories, this one would be more mild and considerably less sad.
- Just like the previous story, this one is going to have a different feeling to it because it's going to be like a self discovery type. The story will briefly focus on Ariadne's feelings for Theseus, but because he abandons her she's eventually picked up and marries Dionysus. So, my intent with that would be to focus her perspective in realizing that sometimes found love is better.
For now these are the stories I plan on focusing with; not all of them, technically, are tragedies. But, overall, I think I want the storybook to be a combination of how love can go bad and how there's also the opportunity for it to work out.



Comments
Post a Comment