Week 8, Comments and Feedback.

 

Thus far, I haven't personally received that many comments yet on any of my stories, but the ones that I have received are very encouraging and positive. I appreciate people pointing out things that can be bettered -- ranging from fixing grammatical errors, better sentence structure, changing up characterization, etc. and the list goes on. I know receiving any type of feedback can be daunting, especially when it's feedback towards editing your work, but I nonetheless appreciate it!

That said, I like to think that the feedback I give to other people is encouraging, but also helpful. I know that giving positive feedback can seem forced and not genuine, but I really do want to help people improve their stories and have fun with it. Everything that I've read thus far has been incredibly creative and just a joy to read!

When I do give feedback, I like to focus on characterization, plot, and possible grammatical errors. Personally, I try to avoid taking over someone's plot, so to speak, and instead try to ask questions that may encourage more to be added.


(Cheezburger)
(I chose this image because a) I like kittens and cats in general and b) I think the best feedback is
the type you can trust, doesn't make you feel bad about your work, and is overall encouraging.)
Finally, I like commenting on people's introduction posts because I learn something new about them, of course, but also the cool things that they've done. I like to think that the same mentality is applicable to my introduction as well! All my feedback and comments, I believe, are where they need to be with engagement, encouragement, and also critiquing. 

Comments

Popular Posts